Tuesday, April 13, 2010

6. Painted Fences



Everyone says they want that "white picket fence" outside a cute little house with a wraparound porch and a tire swing hanging from the big oak tree out front. Well, I don't want the white picket fence. I don't really know what I want but I think that maybe, just maybe, I want my fence to be as cool as the one that a road in Ann Arbor has claimed. Someone wonderful painted cartoon-ish flowers all over it and every time I drive by, it puts a smile on my face.

So, today's sunny thing?
Painted Fences

2 comments:

  1. Fences can add to the beauty of your home but they serve practical purposes, which is why more Americans are investing in the right kind of privacy fence.

    White Picket Fences

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you, Sarah! I can tolerate white picket fences, but I'd rather have one that has full of character in it, just like the one in your photo. But if you have such a fence, you have to invest effort, time and even money to maintain it and keep it free from mold and termites. Also, you have to make sure that it doesn't just add visual appeal to your home, but improved security as well.
    ---->Marvel Farias

    ReplyDelete