Monday, April 19, 2010

14. Orange Moon



I hope you've had the experience of driving down a country road at sunset on one of those spectacular but rare nights when the moon is huge and bright and orange. It's an experience I had a few times last summer and am looking forward to this year.

Seeing that orange moon is one of the best parts of commuting to work. I'm not sure I'll get to see it as often this year as the floor I work on now doesn't schedule 12 hour shifts (and thus, I won't be driving at sunset) but I'm still hoping to experience at least a few orange moons.

The problem with the orange moon is that you can't capture it on film. At least, not on a normal camera. It doesn't put off enough light to show up in the photograph. If it does, it's just a tiny speck in a black picture. I've tried. Several times. And never has it turned out. Thus, I've got to rely on memory. I hope you can have the same memory. =)

Today's sunny thing?
Orange Moons

No comments:

Post a Comment