Tuesday, April 6, 2010

2. Surviving a Scary Rollerblading Trip



Today's happy thing?

Surviving a Scary Rollerblading Trip

This afternoon I went for a run, immediately followed by a rollerblading trip along a level path. This is vital to my survival as I have yet to master the skill of stopping on rollerblades. I was quite excited about finding a flat path to rollerblade...right out my front door!

So, imagine my surprise when I got as far as I wanted to go, turned around, and realized that I had been skating UPHILL the entire way. AKA I was gonna have to travel downhill the entire way home.

This is not safe for someone that can't stop.

However, despite ALMOST faceplanting into a pizza delivery guy, a runner, and a non-English-speaking couple, I survived. Unscathed. And relieved.

Thus, today's happy thing? Surviving. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment