Tuesday, May 18, 2010

37. Rearranging



I've always loved rearranging furniture. When I was little, I wasn't allowed to. Then I started doing it on my own and got yelled at every time because I was "hurting the dressers." (I suppose it probably isn't good for them to be drug across a wood floor). Finally my parents bought some of those plastic furniture movers that you slide under the legs to make moving easier (see the pic). It's still difficult... now you have to lift instead of push (to get the plastic sliders under each leg), but it sure makes the actual moving portion simpler.

Anyway, I used to move furniture on every holiday. Makes sense... holidays present a quiet day at home with the fam with nothing to do but eat and watch sports. I didn't really like the watching sports part so I'd go upstairs and move dressers. =) It was a good time.

Today I spent my time rearranging my mom's room. =) I was going to do my room because I've been itching to do it for weeks now (but couldn't due to surgery). However, my mom caught wind of it and mentioned how much she wanted her room rearranged. She works so much these days that she doesn't get a chance to do things like that. Thus, I spent all day moving it around and vacuuming and rediscovering things like my nursery school diploma. After being allowed to do little more than walk for the past 2.5 weeks, moving furniture proved to be a huge workout! I completely crashed afterward. I went to my room to begin moving my stuff and opted to take a quick break. Welllll that turned into a 3 hour nap and here it is, only 13 hours after I woke up this morning, and I'm tired again! (You'd think the nap would hold me for at least a couple more hours, considering I just woke up 5 hours ago!). But, alas, my mom's room got done, mine didn't, and I'm still tired.

Gives me something to do tomorrow!

Today's Sunny Thing?
Rearranging

No comments:

Post a Comment