Saturday, May 8, 2010

31. Hallmark Cards


Little known fact about Sarah: I am addicted to Hallmark cards. It's a controlled addiction -- I can avoid buying them. However, once I let myself enter a Hallmark store, I never emerge empty handed. This last trip was forced upon me by my mommy and I promised myself I wouldn't get anything. One thing led to another, however, and I ended up with birthday cards for my entire family's next birthday, three mother's day cards, and some disappointment regarding the fact that father's day cards weren't out yet. I also found birthday cards for friends that I've lost touch with but managed to avoid purchasing them (due solely to the fact that I no longer know their addresses).

I figure it's a healthy addiction -- only joy comes from it. I once got my best friend 13 cards for her birthday and I'm pretty sure she was pretty stoked to have 2 weeks of birthday cards. Unfortunately it's not the cheapest habit but Hallmark cards have got to be cheaper than drugs, right?

Another fun fact... Crayola is owned by Hallmark. Which only makes Hallmark that much cooler.

Today's Sunny Thing?
Hallmark Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment