Monday, August 9, 2010

55. Daisies


Daisies are one of my very favorite flowers. Daisies and sunflowers. I never had a favorite flower but so many people have asked me what it was over the years that I started paying attention to the different types and those are officially what I've decided on.

Sunflowers were already a sunny thing, but I just love that they turn their faces to the sun. I always think of the hymn we used to sing in grade school.. "Like a sunflower who follows every movement of the sun. So I turn to You, to follow You, my God. In simplicity, charity, I follow. In simplicity, honesty, I follow. In simplicity, fidelity, I follow." Such a beautiful concept. Such a beautiful flower.

And then there's daisies. Daisies are just so HAPPY! Aren't they? I don't know what it is about them. They just... are! And if you want to, you can put them in colored water and see them change to all sorts of vibrant, almost neon, colors! Fields of daisies... wouldn't it make a beautiful photograph to put a little girl in a red dress in the middle of a field of daisies? Ah, daisies.

Today's Sunny Thing?
Daisies

2 comments:

  1. Once, riding in the car with my grandpa and grandma, we had to stop along the road to let the car cool down. Grandma and I went up a hill and sat down amongst the daisies there. She made me a daisy chain for a coronet for my hair. I remember it so well--can see us sitting there as if it were a movie. Thanks for bringing back that memory for me. By the way, you can pick wild carrot (Queen Annes Lace), and put them in colored water and the blossoms turn colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I just saw this. =) That story made me smile! I've always wanted to make one of those for my hair but have never done it. I should do that before the summer is over!

    ReplyDelete