Monday, August 9, 2010

54. Swinging


Swinging is kind of an official stamp of childhood. The sound of squeaky swings is a familiar one in summertime. An empty but moving swing is a symbol of childhood tragedy in the media. The motion of swinging is known to calm infants and be intolerable for extended periods of time for most adults. Thus, swinging is a relatively certain symbol of childhood and one that I enjoy very much. I can't handle swinging very high for very long, but every time I find myself sitting on a swing, I get nostalgic and deep and start thinking at a level that I don't normally fall into. Swinging. Dontcha miss it?

Today's Sunny Thing?
Swinging

1 comment:

  1. I used to swing as high as I could and then jump out. It was like flying for a moment. Until the time I landed on my face--not so fun.

    ReplyDelete